CR Touch not working on SKR E3 V3

RJS2813

I changed my main board in my Ender 3 V2 to an SKR E3 V3.0. I am unable to get my CR Touch to operate the Z end stop. I have spent a week try as many ways as suggested by those that appear to have the same problem. I have tried connecting the two wires from my CR Touch to the Z stop but that does not work, If I connect the original micro switch that was fitted to the printer before I fitted the CR Touch I can simulate the Z homing. I have tried to compile Marlin firmware but probably lack sufficient knowledge to achieve that but I followed an online guide and although it compiled it made no difference. 

Can anyone tell be if the two wires, red and blue from a CR Touch should be a short circuit at the start of the Z homing process? I have tried to measure this on a meter and it continually shows open circuit.

I am very disappointed with this board and has not proved to be the 'direct replacement' as advertised.

Don't connect the CRTouch to the end stop pins, it plugs right into the socket marked BLTOUCH. You also need to change the firmware if you haven't done that. I compiled my own firmware but if you don't want to do that BTT has the firmware to support this somewhere on their web site..