SKR Mini E3 V3 Firmware won't Update

KickinWing

Hello,

I recently purchased the SKR Mini E3 V3 along with the BTT TFT35-E3 V3 display. I installed both units on my Ender 3 Pro last night and everything went fine but could not for the life of me get the SKR firmware to update. I downloaded the precompiled firmware for the BLTouch form BTT's GitHub page, put it on the SD card, renamed it firmware.bin, inserted the SD card in the mainboard SD card slot, and powered up the printer. The first time I tried this I got an error on the screen saying something like "EEPROM size to large" or nothing like that. That only happened the first time. Now when I try updating nothing happens, the printer just powers up like it would normally as if I weren't trying to update the firmware. I also have removed the Z-axis homing switch and install a Creality CR Touch if that has anything to do with this issue. I've tried removing the .bin at the end as well as renaming it FIRMWARE in all caps as some have suggested but none of that worked either. I've made sure to format the SD card in FAT32 before trying to update as well. Has anyone else run into the problem? Are there any fixes for this?

• 1 year later...

Just Curious...  Is this post still active and if it is, just what was the remedy?

I have a Ender 3 S1 printer skeleton, but am trying to update it with:

BTT SKR Mini E3 V3.0 Main Board

BTT TFT 35-E3 V3.0 Display

BTT SFS V2.0 Filament Sensor

and finally a BLTOUCH Sensor Leveling Probe

My immediate issue is the TFT35 will not accept/recognize my config.ini file, the TFT35 folder with .BMP and icons, or the language .ini file.  My .bin file, when copied to my sd card with the above three files, will actually attempt an update.

But when it reaches 100%, the screen goes BLACK and just sits there in that condition.

I've already sent in a request for help from BIQU Tech Support, only to be told to copy the same above files to the sd card and well you know the story.  No reply since.

Is there an answer to my troubles?