SKR Mini E3 v3.0 and TFT35 v3.0.1

sirtuxor

Hello,

I purchased the above a few months ago and recently tried to install them in my currently DOA CR-10v3.  After swapping out the board and the display I get a constant beep from the display.  I have tried connecting the SKR to all three of the EXP ports on the display and the TFT -> RS232 port.  The only positive result I get is connecting EXP1 to EXP1 but with the RS232 not connected, at which point I get a short beep that fades out, but at least I get the screen to show the logo followed by the option to select the default Merlin layout or the BTT touch screen layout, but I get no response from the dial...likely because the RS232 port is not connected.  The touch functionality may work, but because the electronics case of the CR-10's covers the TFT screen I don't know for sure without testing it outside of the case.

Is there anything you can recommend for me to get my machine working again.  Thank you.

Edited by sirtuxor

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted a YouTuber (Teaching Tech) via his Discourse site and we troubleshooted the board.  In the end, I purchased a replacement board that pretty much worked right away, and I eventually upgraded the firmware to work with my printer.  I am still working out the actual upgrade.  Part of me wonders my issues stem from a possible failed firmware upgrade, however that is highly unlikely since it took me 5 SD cards to find one that would work with the board and that card wasn't used on the original board.

I will create a ticket for the original board.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I performed a board swap to my original SKR v3 board, and things seem to have gotten worse...although I am not sure how.  If the display is at all connected, when I turn the printer on there is one loud solid tone.  I found a SD card that would work in the replacement board, but it still does not work in the original board...so reflashing is a confirmed failure...which also at this makes the board completely unusable.  I have a video of the setup with the board fully swapped and connected along with the "working" card in the slot as you will be able to see the green light indicating that a card is inserted, there is no flashing activity lights anywhere (i.e. by the SD card or up by the power light). I replaced the original board with the replacement and have included a second video that shows that the replacement board will at least boot up with Marlin 2.0.x, I have also tried Klipper on the board but for some reason, while the RPi4 sees the device, they refuse to talk to each other.  I hope to get Klipper working eventually as I prefer it over Marlin, but at least Marlin is working for the most part.

I must also say that this is my first attempt at a major upgrade/repair of my CR-10v3 and I had hoped that support from BTT would have been much better than it was.  Customers shouldn't have to wait weeks to hear back from the product manufacturer in situations like this.

• Administrators
On 10/27/2022 at 6:29 AM, sirtuxor said:

I contacted a YouTuber (Teaching Tech) via his Discourse site and we troubleshooted the board.  In the end, I purchased a replacement board that pretty much worked right away, and I eventually upgraded the firmware to work with my printer.  I am still working out the actual upgrade.  Part of me wonders my issues stem from a possible failed firmware upgrade, however that is highly unlikely since it took me 5 SD cards to find one that would work with the board and that card wasn't used on the original board.

I will create a ticket for the original board.

Sorry to bring you an unpleasant shopping experience. Please contact our technicians, they will try hard to settle down your problem. You could directly send an email to: service005@biqu3d.com.