Manta M8P with CB1

Fatkitties

Hello,  I have a Manta M8P with the CB1 attached.  I'm using the latest image, downloaded yesterday from BTT for the CB1 with klipper.  after I wrote it to a sd card and loaded it and compiled it on the CB1 I created the output file klipper.bin, downloaded that and renamed it to firmware.bin and put it on a new sd card and placed that card into the MCU card slot on the Manta.  After waiting several minutes, I checked Mainsail and it still wasn't connecting to the MCU, I pulled the card and checked it, the file wasn't renamed to firmware.CUR so I know it didn't take.  Is there a step I'm missing or is there an issue with the latest image from BTT for the CB1 w/ klipper?   Thank you.

After flashing CANboot to the MCU and re-doing the image of klipper, I got the MCU to take the firmware.  Don't know if CANboot had anything to do with it or if it was recompiling klipper?  but now I can't get kilpper to save properly to printer.cfg and recognize the bltouch with nozzle offset. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:52 AM, Kenosyaj said:

I’m running into the same problem but with the M4P, I’ve tried multiple SD cards. 

I think the issue was with klipper.  There's no USB DFU support with the klipper image, so when you make the firmware image from klipper it writes it with no USB.  BTT has precompiled firmware on their github for the Manta for klipper with USB DFU support.

• 5 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, Fatkitties said:

BTT has precompiled firmware on their github for the Manta for klipper with USB DFU support.

Do they? Can´t find it, having the same issue. All works fine but cant flash the MCU, no matter which port or SD Card