BTT Octopus Dual X + Dual Z

Panthera

Hello all, I have been struggling with this for months now and could really use some help. I'm trying to run sensorless homing for dual X and single Y axes, and then optical endstops for dual Z. All axes move around properly, and I can home the Y, X1 and Z1, but whenever I try to home the X2 or Z2 they just keep trying to run into the frame. I've tried re-arranging some of the wiring, moving jumpers on or off some of the pins, and many different versions of the firmware.  The M119 readout includes all 5 axes, but those 2 are always frozen in a single state, which makes me think that my problem is assigning the proper endstop to the correct axis.

Did I mention that my computer takes several hours to compile each time I make a change?😐😡😭

On the hardware side, the Z1 and Z2 endstops are plugged in at J31 and J33 respectively, and there are jumpers on the J16 and J17 pins for the X and Y sensorless homing. I've tried with and without a jumper on J20 for the X2.

I don't see how to attach files here, so I've included a list of all the changes I made to the firmware from Marlin 2.1, complete with line numbers.

(I know some of these are irrelevant, but there's always the chance I've made a stupid mistake somewhere. The "..." parts just represent gaps of unchanged code)

Config.h

99         #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB              to                #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_BTT_OCTOPUS_V1_1                

110       #define SERIAL_PORT 0                                                       to                #define SERIAL_PORT -1                                    

146       //#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "3D Printer"            to                #define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "The Hydra"                    

168        #define X_DRIVER_TYPE  A4988                                        to                #define X_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2209                            
              #define Y_DRIVER_TYPE  A4988                                                            #define Y_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2209
              #define Z_DRIVER_TYPE  A4988                                                            #define Z_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2209
              //#define X2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988                                                        #define X2_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209                            
              ...                                                                                                             ...
              //#define Z2_DRIVER_TYPE  A4988                                                       #define Z2_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2209
              ...                                                                                                             ..
             #define E0_DRIVER_TYPE A4988                                                             #define E0_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2209
             //#define E1_DRIVER_TYPE a4988                                                          #define E1_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2209

237        #define EXTRUDERS 1                                                        to                #define EXTRUDERS 2                                        

542        #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0                                                to                #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 1                                    
              ...                                                                                                            ...
              #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 0                                                              #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

566        #define BED_MAXTEMP      150                                         to                #define BED_MAXTEMP      100                            

893        //#define USE_XMAX_PLUG                                               to                #define USE_XMAX_PLUG                                    
              ...                                                                                                            ...
              //#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG                                                                   #define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

956        #define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false                       to                #define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true                    
              ...                                                                                                             ...
              #define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false                                         #define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true
              #define Z_MAZ_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false                                         #define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true

1444      #define INVERT_Y_DIR true                                                to                #define INVERT_Y_DIR false                               

1497      #define X_BED_SIZE 200                                                     to                #define X_BED_SIZE 305                                    
              #define Y_BED_SIZE 200                                                                        #define Y_BED_SIZE 320

1501      #define X_MIN_POS 0                                                         to                #define X_MIN_POS -50                                    
              #define Z_MAX_POS 200                                                                       #define Z_MAX_POS 410

1965      //#define EEPROM_SETTINGS                                            to                #define EEPROM_SETTINGS                                    

2238      //#define SDSUPPORT                                                        to                #define SDSUPPORT                                        

Config_Adv

500        //#define USE_CONTROLLER_FAN                                       to                #define USE_CONTROLLER_FAN                                
             #if ENABLED(USE_CONTROLLER_FAN)                                                     #if ENABLED(USE_CONTROLLER_FAN)
             //#define CONTROLLER_FAN_PIN -1                                                        #define CONTROLLER_FAN_PIN PE5

583        //#define REDUNDANT_PART_COOLING_FAN 2                  to                #define REDUNDANT_PART_COOLING_FAN 4                    

599        #define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1                                              to                #define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN PD12                           
              #define E1_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1                                                                  #define E1_AUTO_FAN_PIN PD13                            

730        //#define DUAL_X_CARRIAGE                                               to                #define DUAL_X_CARRIAGE                                    
              ...                                                                                                               ...
              #define X2_MIN_POS    80                                                                       #define X2_MIN_POS    0                                    
              #define X2_MAX_POS   353                                                                     #define X2_MAX_POS   354        

796        //#define Z_MULTI_ENDSTOPS                                              to                #define Z_MULTI_ENDSTOPS                                
              ...                                                                                                               ...
              #define Z2_USE_ENDSTOP   _XMAX_                                                       #define Z2_USE_ENDSTOP   _ZMAX_

746        #define DEFAULT_DUPLICATION_X_OFFSET 100                   to                #define DEFAULT_DUPLICATION_X_OFFSET 155           

2016      //#define LIN_ADVANCE                                                        to                #define LIN_ADVANCE                                        

3113      //#define MONITOR_DRIVER_STATUS                                    to                #define MONITOR_DRIVER_STATUS                            

3178      //#define SENSORLESS_HOMING                                           to                #define SENSORLESS_HOMING                                
              ...                                                                                                                 ...
              #define X_STALL_SENSITIVITY 125                                                             #define X_STALL_SENSITIVITY 125
              ...                                                                                                                 ...
              #define Y_STALL_SENSITIVITY 125                                                             #define Y_STALL_SENSITIVITY 125

3222      //#define TMC_DEBUG                                                            to                #define TMC_DEBUG                                        

4485      //#define PINS_DEBUGGING                                                   to                #define PINS_DEBUGGING                         

Platformio.ini

16        default_envs = mega2560                                                         to                default_envs = BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1                        

Many thanks for anyone's time.

• 2 weeks later...