Issues with z-axis while printing

The z-axis seems to be moving in the opposite direction while printing. When it gets to the 4th layer, it becomes rough and the nozzle begins to dig into the prin and the printer seems to be ignoring my z steps/mm (no matter how high I set it). My printer was working just fine on the Creality 4.2.7 board and now I upgraded my extruder to the BIQU h2o and the SKR Mini E3 V3 and TFT35 screen. I cannot figure out why this is happening and I would like to get it fixed. I printed a calibration cube and it came out really bad, but measured a little over 20mm on all sides and that makes no sense to me, because this cube looked smooshed. Any help would be appreciated.

I figured out the problem and it was a very obscure fix. I looked into the .gcode file and checked the z steps and every z step was stuck on 0.36 on every layer. It turned out to be a bad Cura profile. So many hours spent on figuring out this problem. My printer was telling me I was going up in z steps, but it was a false positive. I hope someone who reads this finds relief like I did.

• 2 weeks later...