SKR Mini E3 V3 in a CR-10 S5 will not heat the bed

CPTMRGN

I recently purchased an SKR Mini E3 V3.0 control board and the TFT35 E3 V3.0 off of Amazon. I installed both of them into my CR-10 S5 over the weekend. I used the example config files for the S5 from here https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Configurations/tree/import-2.1.x/config and I am unable to get my bed to heat up. When I attempt to heat it up after a minute or so I receive this error "MAXTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: E0". and the printer starts beeping. I then receive the "Printer halted. kill() called!" error and a long loud tone that never stops. I have triple checked my connections and placement and everything looks correct. I placed the negative Yellow cable for the heated bed into the spot closest to the power, positive next. Ive even tried flipping them just to test. It was suggested that I change the thermal protection bed period to 40 and the watch bed temp period to 120 which I did, and it is still in error. both the hotted and the heat bed thermistor are displaying the same temp. everything else on the printer works correctly ( hot end heats, print head moves on all axis, etc.). the bed never changes temperature. It did heat with the original Creality board. I am sure I am missing something simple. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank You.

UPDATE: I have downloaded the default Bigtreetech config for the ender and compared/edited it to mirror the S5 specific lines from other config files designed specifically for the S5. I am still having the same issue. I put the old board back in and the bed heated with no issues. I am fairly certain this is just a coding issue. Does anyone have the config files they are using on their S5 with the SKR Mini E3 V3 board that I can compare with mine?

Justin