Cannot flash firmware to new Mini E3 v3

Taomyn

I just got a new Mini E3 v3 for my Ender 3 Pro, which previously had a Mini E3 v1.2 for over a year but I needed that board for another project. The new board powers up and I get Marlin loaded and can access things through the screen just fine. But when I try to flash a new firmware by placing a newly formatted 2GB SD card with firmware.bin nothing happens during the next power up and I still have the same version. I have tried both my own compilation of Marlin and also the the latest from the BTT Github (normal and the one for BL-Touch for Z-homing).

The SD card LED lights green when the card is inserted, so I know it's being detected, the other two LEDs, the status light is fast flashing red and the power is static red.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Fixed the problem, reformatted the SD card which I had been using for months on my v1.2 card from FAT32 to FAT and it instantly worked. I was able to flash both the most recent firmware and also my custom version of Marlin without a problem.

Now I need to see if everything actually still works.

Hi, about the problem that the motherboard cannot update the firmware, this may be caused by the SD card or the SD card slot. Please use an SD card below 16G to perform the following steps. Format the SD card first, select FAT32 as the file system, Then copy the firmware.bin file to the SD card of the motherboard. Note that the name of the copied file must be firmware.bin. Put the SD card back into the SD card slot of the motherboard, Then power on the motherboard and wait for 15 seconds. Then put the SD card on the card reader and check the firmware name in the SD card. If the firmware name in the SD card has become FIRMWARE.CUR. Prove that the motherboard can successfully update the firmware.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. I have formatted a couple SD cards for FAT and FAT32. I insert the card, power on, and wait. The screen stays blue forever. I have checked the sd card after and it does change the file type to .cur but when I check the printer info it stays the same. I tried printing something and the extruder go haywire no matter what. I can connect to the board via octoprint and successfully calibrated e-steps but nothing will print. Is there a different Cura printer profile I need?? How can I tell if the firmware is actually updated?

On 1/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, 3dOA said:

Hi, "It does change the file type to .cur" , it supposed to be successful, depends on whether you update our precompiled firmware or your own compiled firmware. If you compiled it yourself, we need you to send the source code to us via service004@biqu3d.com

Edited by BTT Tony