Using the Octopus Pro as a Laser Controller with Marlin and Lightburn

kane.origin

We have purchased an Octopus Pro STM32F446ZET6 to be used in a laser we are developing, and hope to get it talking to lightburn with Marlin. Unfortunately we can't quite figure out how to connect our laser module (PLH3D-15W from Optlasers) yet.

I have read that you can use a fan PWM output and redefine the pins in the firmware build. Is this the case? If so, how exactly would this be done.

As much information as possible would be greatly appreciated on this matter as there isn't really anything available online or on the forums that I can find.

Thanks,

Kane

• Administrators
11 hours ago, kane.origin said:

We have purchased an Octopus Pro STM32F446ZET6 to be used in a laser we are developing, and hope to get it talking to lightburn with Marlin. Unfortunately we can't quite figure out how to connect our laser module (PLH3D-15W from Optlasers) yet.

I have read that you can use a fan PWM output and redefine the pins in the firmware build. Is this the case? If so, how exactly would this be done.

As much information as possible would be greatly appreciated on this matter as there isn't really anything available online or on the forums that I can find.

Thanks,

Kane

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

8 hours ago, BIQU info said:

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I sent a request yesterday, awaiting a reply.

Thanks,

Kane