SD init fail

Installed the SKR Mini E3 V3.0 to Ender 3 Pro and was previously using a micro SD to SD card extension cable adapter and I now get the "SD init fail" message. I tried using multiple adapters that I use on my other Ender 3 with same message. When I use the basic micro SD card it works properly so it's definitely not my micro SD card slot being damaged. What can cause this error and is there a fix?

e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump!
I just installed a SKR Mini E3 V3.0 in my Ender 3 and neither of my extension cable card readers work with the printer, now.
The card works fine, I was able to upgrade the firmware with it plugged directly into the board.  But, neither extension cable card reader works. No matter what I do, I get a "SD init fail" with the extension cable card reader.  This is very frustrating because the location on the Ender 3 for the card slot is terrible.  I wouldn't have bought this board had I known this.
Are there any extension cable card readers that work with this board or did @Primo Designs solve this?

19 hours ago, mattp said:

Bump!
I just installed a SKR Mini E3 V3.0 in my Ender 3 and neither of my extension cable card readers work with the printer, now.
The card works fine, I was able to upgrade the firmware with it plugged directly into the board.  But, neither extension cable card reader works. No matter what I do, I get a "SD init fail" with the extension cable card reader.  This is very frustrating because the location on the Ender 3 for the card slot is terrible.  I wouldn't have bought this board had I known this.
Are there any extension cable card readers that work with this board or did @Primo Designs solve this?

I found this "fix" https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3/issues/637

I added the NO_SD_DETECT line to my Configuration.h and recompiled and flashed the board. Now I can eject and add the SD card if it's inserted into the card slot on the board.  But, like in the thread above, I can't use an extension cable card reader.  Is this a known defect, or do I have a bad card?

• 1 month later...