B1 SE Plus hotend PTFE replacement

xGoo

Hi! I purchased a B1 SE Plus yesterday from Micro Center, got it all assembled, attempted to start a print, but realized no material was extruding. I attempted to do all the steps to clear a blockage, even though there shouldn't have been one that quickly after getting it, but no matter what, the sample PLA was not reaching far enough to even begin to soften. Earlier today, I took off the nozzle to see if I could see anything and get a bit easier access to the blockage when a roughly 1 inch piece of the PTFE tubing just fell out with the nozzle. The blockage position corresponds to the end of the tubing that fell out, about 1 inch from the nozzle threading. There are no burns or any signs of wear, and the tubing is cut almost perfectly straight, but I'm fairly certain this was meant to be a single piece of tubing running from the top to bottom of the hotend. I don't particularly want to fully disassemble and return the printer to Micro Center since it's about 4 hours away from my house. So I wanted to know if there's any documentation on removing the plastic covering and fans from the hot end and replacing the PTFE tubing? Or if BIGTREE sells a replacement part that's all metal that would still be compatible with the SE Plus's auto-leveling feature.

Thanks all!

• Administrators
On 5/18/2022 at 6:06 AM, xGoo said:

Hi! I purchased a B1 SE Plus yesterday from Micro Center, got it all assembled, attempted to start a print, but realized no material was extruding. I attempted to do all the steps to clear a blockage, even though there shouldn't have been one that quickly after getting it, but no matter what, the sample PLA was not reaching far enough to even begin to soften. Earlier today, I took off the nozzle to see if I could see anything and get a bit easier access to the blockage when a roughly 1 inch piece of the PTFE tubing just fell out with the nozzle. The blockage position corresponds to the end of the tubing that fell out, about 1 inch from the nozzle threading. There are no burns or any signs of wear, and the tubing is cut almost perfectly straight, but I'm fairly certain this was meant to be a single piece of tubing running from the top to bottom of the hotend. I don't particularly want to fully disassemble and return the printer to Micro Center since it's about 4 hours away from my house. So I wanted to know if there's any documentation on removing the plastic covering and fans from the hot end and replacing the PTFE tubing? Or if BIGTREE sells a replacement part that's all metal that would still be compatible with the SE Plus's auto-leveling feature.

Thanks all!

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 5 weeks later...

I suggest upgrading your PTFE tubing to Capricorn Meter XS Low Friction 1.75mm Bowden Tubing with a decent PC4-M6 Fittings - For 1.75mm Bowden Tubing @ https://www.captubes.com/shop like I did when the supplied extruder PC4-M6 connector failed in my hand as I was attempting to assemble my B1SE plus printer. When I removed the supplied PTFE tube from the hot end I noticed that the tubing wasn't cut correctly. After replacing the PTFE tubing (cut correctly) and the extruder PC4-M6 connector I haven't had any issues.