Instructions for connecting Hermit Crab to Creality v4.2.7 motherboard

BSinger

Hi! I recently purchased a Hermit Crab & an H2 extruder for my Ender 3 v2. I'm having a problem determining how to connect the Hermit Crab to my 4.2.7 motherboard. The provided wiring harness has a several unlabeled connectors and at least two (FLD & EO) which I haven't been able to determine what those acronyms refer to.

Also, the concerning is that the manual has a picture of the PCB board interfaces connector wiring which doesn't match mine. The PCB-F illustration indicates that the BL TOUCH connector connects with the orange wire on the outside - mine connects with the orange wire at the other end. (Possibly it's just a mistake in the picture?) Picture

Are there any instructions or a resource you can refer to me to help me out?

Thank you!

• Administrators
On 5/16/2022 at 9:44 PM, BSinger said:

Hi! I recently purchased a Hermit Crab & an H2 extruder for my Ender 3 v2. I'm having a problem determining how to connect the Hermit Crab to my 4.2.7 motherboard. The provided wiring harness has a several unlabeled connectors and at least two (FLD & EO) which I haven't been able to determine what those acronyms refer to.

Also, the concerning is that the manual has a picture of the PCB board interfaces connector wiring which doesn't match mine. The PCB-F illustration indicates that the BL TOUCH connector connects with the orange wire on the outside - mine connects with the orange wire at the other end. (Possibly it's just a mistake in the picture?) Picture

Are there any instructions or a resource you can refer to me to help me out?

Thank you!

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

FLD is filament lost detector

E0 is the extruder motor ( for is you are using q direct drive extruder)

Don't follow colors for the BLTouch/CRTouch follow the pinouts there are several different colors used. For example some creality wires have black going to positive and red to negative

Edited by Stacking_Layers
Added information
  • Like 1