No Printer Attached TFT35 E3

I upgraded my CR-10v3 with a SKR Mini E3 v3.0 and a TFT35 E3. Marlin Mode is working fine, but I can't get touchscreen Mode to work. It only says "No Printer Attached".

I tried:

• Baudrate 250000 and 115200

• upgrading firmware on both the board and tft

• serial port as -1 and 2 and serial port 2 as -1 and 1

I can connect to the printer via Printer face after updating my USB drivers and the firmware. What else is there to test?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: i also checked the Pins with the schematics. Seems to be correct.

• 1 month later...

I have an SKR 2 (B version) and a BTT TFT35-E3 V3.0 and am having the exact same issue.  The Marlin Mode works fine, but the TFT Mode says no printer attached.  When I disconnect the two Marlin Mode ribbon cables, the TFT has no power.  I've checked the TFT cable installation, and the reset and 3.3v pins are correctly aligned.  When I supply power through the separate 5v power connector using a separate cable, the TFT lights up, but again the no printer connected message, even though the lack cable is still connected.  I checked the power and ground pins on the RS232 TFT pins on the SKR board and it shows a 3.3v output.  It doesn't appear that the RS232 interface pins are working.  Is there a way to use the UART3 pins as Printer1?  How do I fix this issue?

• Administrators
On 6/9/2022 at 11:42 AM, Rethys said:

I have an SKR 2 (B version) and a BTT TFT35-E3 V3.0 and am having the exact same issue.  The Marlin Mode works fine, but the TFT Mode says no printer attached.  When I disconnect the two Marlin Mode ribbon cables, the TFT has no power.  I've checked the TFT cable installation, and the reset and 3.3v pins are correctly aligned.  When I supply power through the separate 5v power connector using a separate cable, the TFT lights up, but again the no printer connected message, even though the lack cable is still connected.  I checked the power and ground pins on the RS232 TFT pins on the SKR board and it shows a 3.3v output.  It doesn't appear that the RS232 interface pins are working.  Is there a way to use the UART3 pins as Printer1?  How do I fix this issue?

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Dopo vari upgrade meccanici che ho fatto alla mia Ender 3 la quale: doppio asse ze guida lineare mi ritrovo dopo la prima accensione lo schermo che si blocca nel logo creality ed inizia a fischiare, allora ho pensato di cambiare la scheda madre della bigtreetech SKR Mini E3 V2.0 con lo schermo touch BTT TFT35-E3 V3.0 dopo che ho montato tutto mi da sempre lo stesso problema, ho pensato sia possibile l'alimentatore che non eroga una potenza tale da mandare in errore la scheda ed il firmware?

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having this problem on an Ender 3 pro (SKR mini E3 v2 board/TFT35 E3v3.0.1 screen). Have tried re-flashing the screen firmware a few times with no change. Marlin mode connects to the printer and works fine but the touch screen won't attach.

I have a few printers with this board combo so I put the new TFT35 on a working SKR just to be sure it's a screen issue and it kicks back the same "Not Attached" message. Is this something that can be fixed in the screen firmware at all or should I return the TFT35 for another?