SKR Mini E3 V1.2 Firmware on ender 3 NOT taking firmware update

Scott Oliver

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what is going on with my ender. I am having all sorts of issues with the ABL settings. I am using the BLTouch. I changed #define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X from 5 to 3. I did this to see if the board was taking the updated firmware. It seems I was right and it is not loading the new firmware from the disc. The only thing I can find in relation to this is on another board they suggested resetting everything to load default values. I have tried that and it was a no go. If anyone knows how I can diagnose this please let me know. Thank you. 

Hi, can't the motherboard update the firmware? This may be your SD card, or SD card slot problem, please exchange other SD card to test. Please use an SD card below 16G to perform the following steps. Format the SD card first, select FAT32 as the file system, Then copy the firmware.bin file to the SD card of the motherboard. Note that the name of the copied file must be firmware.bin. Put the SD card back into the SD card slot of the motherboard, Then power on the motherboard and wait for 15 seconds. Then put the SD card on the card reader and check the firmware name in the SD card. If the firmware name in the SD card has become FIRMWARE.CUR. Prove that the motherboard can successfully update the firmware.