Thermal Runaway

jswits47

Hello all,

I have a biqu b1 se plus and after about a month of printing I received a thermal runaway E1 error. I have replaced the thermistor and heater cartridge and it still is giving me the error. Most times it will start the print and continue for about 20 to 30 minutes before the error occurs. I have not modified anything internally except replacing the thermistor and heater cartridge. I reached out to customer support a week ago and still have not heard back. Anyone have any ideas on what else could be causing this issue. 

Here is the sample that I got of the printer going into thermal runaway. The nozzle temp was showing wild variations before that reading 136, 145, 164, 180 within seconds of each other. Keep in mind the thermistor and the heater cartridge were just replaced purchased from BIQU 

• 4 months later...
On 4/19/2022 at 5:49 PM, jswits47 said:

Hello all,

I have a biqu b1 se plus and after about a month of printing I received a thermal runaway E1 error. I have replaced the thermistor and heater cartridge and it still is giving me the error. Most times it will start the print and continue for about 20 to 30 minutes before the error occurs. I have not modified anything internally except replacing the thermistor and heater cartridge. I reached out to customer support a week ago and still have not heard back. Anyone have any ideas on what else could be causing this issue. 

I have a similar issue and am not making much progress with the support email.  My main issue at the moment is that I cannot disassemble the print head to get to the thermistor.  I have removed the 4 screws from the back and one screw beside the print head and it's loose, but will not separate the shell from the internals.  Is there another screw I'm missing or a clip...?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 9/9/2022 at 1:15 AM, Bruce Sutherland said:

I have a similar issue and am not making much progress with the support email.  My main issue at the moment is that I cannot disassemble the print head to get to the thermistor.  I have removed the 4 screws from the back and one screw beside the print head and it's loose, but will not separate the shell from the internals.  Is there another screw I'm missing or a clip...?

Hi, if you have any product problems, please directly sending an email to: service001@biqu3d.com  Our technicians will settle down your problems as soon as possible. 

Have a nice day!