SKR 2 and Loud 2209

danny

Hello all,

I purchased the BTT SKR 2 mother board (the good version with 2 stickers on the board, I believe called version B) from micro center and the BTT TMC2209 V1.2 Stepper Motor Driver (UART mode) from BTT amazon store  with the plan to replace an old MKS mother board/stepper drivers 84982 combo.

I installed the new SKR 2 board and drivers and programed the I board with the machine settings.  The issue I am having is how loud the printer is with the new drivers. I thought 2209's were quite? When the printer moves it is louder than the old drivers. I believed I set up the new SKR board to accept the correct jumper configuration for the steppers. I believe that is all that has to be done is just have one jumper on the board under the driver installed? With this board and driver combo, no additional wires need to be configured? 

any assistance is welcomed. 

Hi,

The TMC driver has two modes, a silent mode and a high-speed mode. In the high-speed mode, it is not silent, and when the current is set too high or too low, it is easy to emit noise. It needs to be set to silent mode, the firmware turns this setting on. Then set the jumper cap to uart mode

lALPJwY7Rnzpi6bNARDNA98_991_272.png

lALPJx8ZvP5TaB3NAfXNAlI_594_501.png

Tony, thanks for your reply! I do have the jumpers set up that way on the board, so for that I am very grateful : )

For the silent mode, when "stealchop" is "defined as in your picture above" as in turned on, does that mean silent mode is turned on? or is their another option in the firmware I need to be looking for? 

Also do you recommend running the "Hybrid Tresh_Hold" ? 

I have attached both of my configs "config and advan config" for reference. The board is in a Tevo Tornado with stock steppers and the added one for dual z,  with a few upgrades for the hot end (direct drive and microswiss all metal hotend, bltouch, with almost all of your BTT upgrades offered. 

let me know what you think and thanks again. 

Configuration.h Configuration_adv.h

I found the issue!!!

These settings were set to high. I lower them and now the printer is nice and quite.

* Default Max Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
 * (Maximum start speed for accelerated moves)
 * Override with M201
 *                                      X, Y, Z [, I [, J [, K]]], E0 [, E1[, E2...]]
 */
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 500, 500, 100, 1000 }

//#define LIMITED_MAX_ACCEL_EDITING     // Limit edit via M201 or LCD to DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION * 2
#if ENABLED(LIMITED_MAX_ACCEL_EDITING)
  #define MAX_ACCEL_EDIT_VALUES       { 6000, 6000, 200, 20000 } // ...or, set your own edit limits
#endif

/**
 * Default Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
 * Override with M204
 *   M204 P    Acceleration
 *   M204 R    Retract Acceleration
 *   M204 T    Travel Acceleration
 */
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          500    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  500    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   500    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves