BIQU B1 3D Printer Upgrade Suggestions

Eric

Waiting for my B1 SE Plus to arrive. So I was indeed wondering about those. I took the tent first, at least it'll product the printer from dust. Then seems another color (from a friend who had 3D printers from some time) doesn't seem to be used much. Let's say he didn't.

I´d vouch for the Dual Z axis upgrade kit first.

Not sure what's the IDEX upgrade is, and there is so little documentation about some of the features such as Pi connection or wifi module or... Hopefully this place will grow and more docs will become available.

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, Fred said:

Waiting for my B1 SE Plus to arrive. So I was indeed wondering about those. I took the tent first, at least it'll product the printer from dust. Then seems another color (from a friend who had 3D printers from some time) doesn't seem to be used much. Let's say he didn't.

I´d vouch for the Dual Z axis upgrade kit first.

Not sure what's the IDEX upgrade is, and there is so little documentation about some of the features such as Pi connection or wifi module or... Hopefully this place will grow and more docs will become available.

Greetings Fred/SE Plus Community,

Been enjoying/learning about the hobby of 3D printing with my B1 for the past year.  Liked it so much, I just ordered the SE Plus along with the  Dual z-axis drive and IDEX kits.  Does anyone have any experience/tips installing them, especially with any required firmware updates and new IDEX printer profiles in Cura?  I heard ideaMaker may be a better slicer for IDEX printers.  Looking forward to stumbling through this install along with other future issues with the help of this growing community!

Been a good boy... so I just purchased the SE Plus along with Dual Z-Axis and IDEX as a Christmas present for myself.  Very excited to see what whole new world of printability IDEX offers.  But I noticed that the IDEX kit does not include filament brush/baskets on either ends of the x-rail.  Is this a crucial piece of equipment for IDEX printing success?  If so, is there a brush/basket accessory from perhaps another 3D printer we should get?... or is there a custom basket design already made for the SE Plus?

• 10 months later...