Ender 3V1 build using BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V3.0 32 Bit

CBosson

Hello,

I just installed the Bigtreetech SKR mini V3.0 board in my Ender 3 V1 "i think it's V1 bare bones". Now I have a massive layer shift in the Y axis. I have calibrated all four steppers and PID tuned the hot end. Any suggestions on what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Carl

Layer sfift.jpg

John,

Thank you for your input. I will follow your advice but also wanted to give you some input. After I posted this tightened the Y axis belt because it seemed a little loose. I still had the same layer shift in the Benchy. By the way it dose not matter which way the Benchy is facing. it dose the same thing if it faces x axis or Y axis. So I thought "lets try a different File" so I printed a 20 mm calibration cube. There was no layer shift! So next I downloaded a new Benchy STL and printed it. I thought maybe I had a bad STL file. The same layer shift returned. I am now more determined then ever to find the answer! Or upgrade my way around it ! 🙂

I will let you know what I find.

John,

This was a new board out of the box. I followed a youtube video which just told me to load the correct version of software on to a flash drive "Marlin - Firmware Ender 3.bin" While the printer is off insert this flash drive into the slot and turn on the printer. The print will boot up with the new software. This is all I have done to the main board. I did recalibrate the hot end PID using Pronterface, I don't remember the code. I also got this from Youtube. but really that is all. 

The first print after I installed the new board and calibrated the hot end was the Benchy.

"I was thinking (which can be dangerous), this being a new board, you did a M502 "Factory Reset" and a M500 "Save Settings, to ensure you are indeed on the new firmware and do not have any prior loads interference?"

I have not done M502 or M500. I still have the old board and could reinstall, but what a pan in the $%#&! i would rather avoid this if possible. Given this new information do you still recommend doing the M502 and M500?

John,

To be clear I don not have to reload/flash the installed firmware. I just preform the M502 then the M500 and all should be good? I only ask because M502 "factory reset" sounds like it would undo the firmware install I did? 

Carl

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 7:27 AM, CBosson said:

John,

"I was thinking (which can be dangerous), this being a new board, you did a M502 "Factory Reset" and a M500 "Save Settings, to ensure you are indeed on the new firmware and do not have any prior loads interference?"

Sorry this took so long, I have been quite busy. You were correct! this worked. I also had an under extrusion problem. This turned out to be a bad slicer profile. Everything is printing great! Thank you.

Carl