firmware on the MCU(s). Fix by recompiling and flashing the
firmware.
Your Klipper version is: v0.12.0-88-g2e8b54ae
MCU(s) which should be updated:
mcu: Current version v0.10.0-567-g0c4b4e4d-dirty-20220906_105332-Hurakan
Up-to-date MCU(s):
<none>
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the "RESTART"
command to reload the config and restart the host software.
mcu 'mcu': Command format mismatch: query_adxl345 oid=%c rest_ticks=%u vs query_adxl345 oid=%c clock=%u rest_ticks=%u

I am using the latest mcu firmware i can find: Hurakan_Debian11_Mainsail_kernel5.16_20221119.img.xz
What to do?

It is hard to resist the impulse of keeping it "updated", right? It happened to me too. As I didn't find the appropriate settings to "make" and compile the firmware that flashes the MCU, I had no alternative but to roll-back the Klipper version to a point that the MCU could connect and work.

I used my Hurakan for months at the Git version: 'v0.12.0-12-g38221df8'.... 

Today I updated, it jumped to Git version: 'v0.12.0-102-g9f41f53c' and I got the MCU could not connect...

I used SSH to connect to the Hurakan, and used kiauh, advanced settings, roll-back Klipper versions... I randomly chose an amount of commits back... until one could make Klipper connect to the MCU.

I was impatient, at some point rolled back '50' commits, and then it worked... It is working at:

Git version: 'v0.12.0-35-g2defd737'

So, in the end, I am more "updated" than the Klipper I was using... I don't have time now to investigate which one would be the most up-to-date working version... The best way would be finding the right options to config the Maker for the firmware that goes in the STM32... I won't risk doing it by trial and error. BIQU should have it somewhere, couldn't find so far.

Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

Hey mate, I had the same issue, but I made it work.

Here you will find the user manual for the Manta M4P, which is the board inside the Hurakan. Manta-M4P/BIGTREETECH_MANTA_M4P_User_Manual.pdf at master · bigtreetech/Manta-M4P · GitHub

You're going to want to focus on Part 6 through 6.4. Follow this exactly and you will have no worries at all.

A little side note - if you upgrade another printer to Klipper, you will essentially have to do the same process, but your requirements in the "make menuconfig" part in the instructions will change. Best to do your own research on what settings each MCU requires.

If you don't want to download the software in the manual, I use PuTTY and FileZilla instead of MobaXterm, But MobaXterm has it's advantages, as it allows you to do both programs specialty on the one program.

Reach out if you still need help!

BIGTREETECH_MANTA_M4P_User_Manual (1).pdf

Edited by BlakeMcc
Upload supporting document
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i followed the guide but am still getting the same error message, does your printer still work after recent updates?

mine gives no id back after thestm32gb code it is blank so i think that may be the issue