H2-500 + Octopus 1.1 + Hermit Crab CAN

I recently purchased a H2-500 extruder with the Hermit Crab CAN bus option - while attempting to connect the PT100 sensor, there was no a whole lot of information I could find how it provides measurments to the MAX ADC Amplifier; especially since there is not one on the Hermit Crab. I do see that there is a way to set the sensor in the firmware, but I am confused how that would send the information then to the MAX amplifier on the Ocotpus board.  Does the Ocotpus board have a BUS communication option to the stepper pins for the MAX amp? (Perhaps a special firmware configuration?)

If not, does this cause the Hermit Crab to be partially obosoleted by the other CAN options Biqu (EBB 36/42 Can Bus); does BTT have (or will have) a PT100/1000 offering for the Hermit Crab?

Thanks! 

• Administrators
On 7/8/2022 at 1:23 AM, Matthew Lalumiere said:

I recently purchased a H2-500 extruder with the Hermit Crab CAN bus option - while attempting to connect the PT100 sensor, there was no a whole lot of information I could find how it provides measurments to the MAX ADC Amplifier; especially since there is not one on the Hermit Crab. I do see that there is a way to set the sensor in the firmware, but I am confused how that would send the information then to the MAX amplifier on the Ocotpus board.  Does the Ocotpus board have a BUS communication option to the stepper pins for the MAX amp? (Perhaps a special firmware configuration?)

If not, does this cause the Hermit Crab to be partially obosoleted by the other CAN options Biqu (EBB 36/42 Can Bus); does BTT have (or will have) a PT100/1000 offering for the Hermit Crab?

Thanks! 

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new