E3 V3 Fans Dead

KWTri

Hello,

I have an SKR mini E3 V3. I recently tried to change out the part cooling fan. I may have shorted the leads in so doing and now both the part cooling fan and the hot end fan are not working. The rest of the board is still working and powered up. 
Is there a fuse I may have tripped or some way of getting this working again?

Kyle

• 10 months later...

I just repaired my board.... bought new Mosfets with a bit higher specs. the hotend didn´t work either... i found out that the "register" behind the STM32G01B was shorted at the output for the Mosfet... if youre not sure whats burned i would recommend to change these parts all at once... i´m very proud now because i got the board broken off ebay for about 8 Euros plus shipping while a new one cots nearly between 60 and 80 Euros in Germany... i paid not even 10 euro´s for the parts... i don´t know what the previous owner did but i don´t care anymore.... it´s running fine since 5 minutes... 🙂

changed all 3 little Mosfets for the fans (one is directly controlled by STM32 an not per register / see scematics to understand what i mean FAN2 is FAN1 PWM controlled by STM32G01B (U2) and U7) to be safe there...

i changed:

U7 = 1x Single Bus Buffer Gate SN74LVC1G125DBVR

Q2 / Q4 / Q5 = 3x Mosfet N-Channel AO3400A

U8 = MC74HCT125ADTR2G Buffer, not inverting

hope this helps all of u

André from Germany