BTT Swap Mingda Magician X

walterp1982

Hello all,

I have a MIngda Magician X that I would like more freedom on (Klipper, Marlin). It comes with a proprietary 32bit board from Mingda with 2208 onboard drivers, and they will not provide firmware configurations.

The key features that must be supported are:

Dual z (Min 5x 2209 drivers)

Pressure sensor for ABL (not BL touch/clone)

I understand I will need to create my own adapter to interface the new board with the 3M Ribbon cable Mingda uses to connect to the X axis and print head. I understand the display they used is unlikely to be supported, and I will need a 3rd party display.

If anyone could recommend a board for me, it would be very helpful. My major hangups are 1) Not knowing if the "BL TOUCH" connection will support the Pressure Sensor, and 2) not knowing if I'm using UART or dir/step, and if I will need to do any mods concerning the ribbon cable if I have to change to UART mode.

I THINK the "BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V3.0 32 Bit Control Board" meets my needs, but I could really use some confirmation. Thank you so much in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/29/2022 at 6:45 AM, walterp1982 said:

Hello all,

I have a MIngda Magician X that I would like more freedom on (Klipper, Marlin). It comes with a proprietary 32bit board from Mingda with 2208 onboard drivers, and they will not provide firmware configurations.

The key features that must be supported are:

Dual z (Min 5x 2209 drivers)

Pressure sensor for ABL (not BL touch/clone)

I understand I will need to create my own adapter to interface the new board with the 3M Ribbon cable Mingda uses to connect to the X axis and print head. I understand the display they used is unlikely to be supported, and I will need a 3rd party display.

If anyone could recommend a board for me, it would be very helpful. My major hangups are 1) Not knowing if the "BL TOUCH" connection will support the Pressure Sensor, and 2) not knowing if I'm using UART or dir/step, and if I will need to do any mods concerning the ribbon cable if I have to change to UART mode.

I THINK the "BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V3.0 32 Bit Control Board" meets my needs, but I could really use some confirmation. Thank you so much in advance!

If you have any product issues, please submit a request and we will arrange for an engineer to communicate with you as soon as possible.

Click on the top navigation "Submit a request" or Please click
https://support.biqu3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 3 weeks later...