Skr mini e3 v3 freeze

Cook91c

So I have a skr Mini e3 v3 with a Tft35 e3 v3.0.1 installed on my ender 3. Printer also has meanwell lrs 350-24, Dual z using both z plugs on bored and biqu h2. When I installed a bltouch v3.1 and upgraded firmware all my problems started. I get random freezing mid print. Tft35 will not respond at all. Hotend and bed continue to hold temp but there is no x y or z movement. I've tried several different bltouch firmware with same results. I can switch back to original firmware without bltouch and freezing goes away. Any recommendations on what I can do to resolve this issue?

Issue ended up being the 32gb flash drives I was using. Its strang that they would only cause problems with bltouch enabled in the firmware. As soon as I went back to a sd card issue completely disappeared. Finished a 13hr print this morning with no issues.

• 5 months later...

I just spent all weekend doing the same upgrade, and adding the Sprite Pro kit. Accommodating my existing X axis linear rail into the mesh limits made my ears bleed...

FINALLY, this morning, started my first successful test print, from a 32G USB drive in the TFT35. Twice, at 2 different layer heights I had your issue. I have also found resetting or powering up with the USB plugged in results in a black screen on the TFT35.

I will try the same file with an SD tonight, and again with a different USB drive.

I have the exact same problem as Marc_Aus, random freezes during printing and black screen on tft when having a sd card or usb stick inserted. I tried around 7 different usb sticks or sd cards but they all give the same problem. The workaround i have is to insert a micro sd card directly in the motherboard and print from there. Im using an tft 35 v3 with an skr mini e3 v3