Pad 7

I've been using Klipper on the Pad 7 to drive my printer for about a year now. 2 days ago Klipper showed the "unable to connect to mcu" error. I made no changes to the Pad 7 other than checking for Klipper updates. I think an update changed the way Klipper communicates with my printer. If this is so I have to do either or both of the following:

1. Update the [mcu] parameter in Klipper's printer.cfg file

2. Generate a new/updated firmware.bin file to load into the printer at boot time.

I've not been able to find any instructions online that work for doing either of these things so I hope you can provide me with some help that will allow my Pad 7 to connect to my printer.

This is the [mcu] section in my Klipper printer.cfg file:

[mcu]

serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_lpc1768_15FB05055B1652539111C54C010000F5-if00 ### BTT Pad 7[mcu]

Note that my printer has a SKR 1.3 clone motherboard, and as I noted, the above setting has worked fine for more than a year.

I've read about how to use Klipper to create a new firmware.bin file that is customized for my printer's motherboard, but none of those instructions work because the Pad 7's file configuration is different from what is standard on Raspberry Pi systems. So I strongly suggest you publish instructions detailing how to generate a firmware.bin file using the Pad 7 version of Klipper.

I'm not the only person who has encountered this problem, so I hope you will be able to take the steps necessary to resolve it. 

Thanks.

I solved this problem by  recompiling the printer's firmware.bin file using Klipper software that I accessed by MobaXTerm. The standard instructions for doing this this do not work (of course) so I am considering making a blog page that explains the process in detail.