my btt tmc2209 was damaged

hyu7000

hi 

though i registered a post in github tmc2209, i sumbit my issue in this community as well.

i using skr2 + tmc2209 in my 3d printer.

recently, my tmc2209 driver was damaged after printing over 24h, 35°C (stepper is nema 17HS3401, 24V)

then, i found that reason is short between GND and VDD.

to make sure it more accurately, i remove tmc2209 chip from BTT TMC 2209 module.

when i only checked tmc2209 chip, tmc2209 chip was short between GND and VCC_IO (VDD).

it mean tmc2209 chip was only damaged.

but i dont know reason of short.

it doesn't seem to be overtemp or overheat (just my think)

how can i know reason?

• Administrators

Hello, we are sorry that your TMC 2209 was originally bad. If your product has still in warrenty, please submit a ticket to state the condition to our technicians, and they will replace a new one for you.
Here is the procedure and link:
https://biqu3d.com/pages/submit-a-ticket

Step 1: Submit a ticket from the link.
Step 2: Receive the verification code in your inbox. (To ensure that our technical support can contact you correctly.)
Step 3: Filled in some details on the ticket page, such as your order number and the problem descriptions, even screenshots.
Step 4: Submit your ticket.

Then, our technical support will check your ticket and give some solutions within 24 hours on workdays. And please look for your junk mail for a while, sometimes our replies are wrongly recognized. If you still can't get the verification email or response email, please contact us again, thanks for your patience.

Warm regards,
BIQU

14 hours ago, Lavender said:

Hello, we are sorry that your TMC 2209 was originally bad. If your product has still in warrenty, please submit a ticket to state the condition to our technicians, and they will replace a new one for you.
Here is the procedure and link:
https://biqu3d.com/pages/submit-a-ticket

Step 1: Submit a ticket from the link.
Step 2: Receive the verification code in your inbox. (To ensure that our technical support can contact you correctly.)
Step 3: Filled in some details on the ticket page, such as your order number and the problem descriptions, even screenshots.
Step 4: Submit your ticket.

Then, our technical support will check your ticket and give some solutions within 24 hours on workdays. And please look for your junk mail for a while, sometimes our replies are wrongly recognized. If you still can't get the verification email or response email, please contact us again, thanks for your patience.

Warm regards,
BIQU

when i use tmc first time, it seemed good.
It worked normally, should I see it as a originally defect?
also it's not just one tmc2209 was damaged. each printer, some tmc2209 was damamged in this state  printing over 24h, 35°C (stepper is nema 17HS3401, 24V) but other is printer normally working.