BTT SFS V1.0 Smart Filament Sensor

3DWurst

I have a CR 10 mini and and a SKR Mini E3 V2 as board and a TFT 35 as screen.

I tried both options and did set everything right up.
First I tried to plug it in E0-Stop on to the motherboard directly.
Then i tried to plug it into the screen.

here my configs files of Marlin and the Screen.

https://github.com/bigtreetech/smart-filament-detection-module/files/8455734/configs.zip

and I made the same post on github:
https://github.com/bigtreetech/smart-filament-detection-module/issues/26

Having an error message pop up on startup

"Filament Runout TO"

The error pops up when printing begins to use filament after print is sent via OctoPrint.

It pauses and does not resume upon pressing the accept button.  Ejects filament, cools the bed, stops the print.

(M600?)

I have installed on my base Ender  3:

SKR Mini E3 v3.0

TFT35 E3 v3.0

Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W - OctoPrint updated base working application, no plugins.

I have isolated the error to only when OctoPrint is used.  It does not throw the error when I have removed the Raspberry Pi, and updated firmware to not include commands for smart filament runout sensor.

Conclusion: BTT smart filament runout sensor is not compatible with OctoPrint.  I am finding other users on reddit with same or similar issue, and same conclusion.  I am not finding work arounds that are functional, or well explained enough to understand and apply for an end user

On 4/12/2022 at 4:08 AM, BTT Tony said:

Hi ,
You did not open the #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR  at the configuration

The following is the manual for smart filament sensor,please check.

https://github.com/bigtreetech/smart-filament-detection-module/blob/master/manual/smart filament sensor module manual201125.pdf

I could swear i have uncommented it, but I did it now, and I still get the same error.

I follwed the manuel several times, did i forgot something else in the uploaded configs?

15 hours ago, Valiance said:

Conclusion: BTT smart filament runout sensor is not compatible with OctoPrint.  

I don't have OctoPrint in my setup. While searching for my problem, I encountered some like you said have problems, but there is 1-2 you have to comment out or un. I can't look it up right now. But if I am not wrong there is a "fix" setting for it.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:08 PM, BTT Tony said:

Hi ,
You did not open the #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR  at the configuration

The following is the manual for smart filament sensor,please check.

https://github.com/bigtreetech/smart-filament-detection-module/blob/master/manual/smart filament sensor module manual201125.pdf

You are correct, I will enable it and try again next time I install the BTT Smart Filament Runout Sensor.  For now, the issue is parked until I try it again.  Thank you

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have just installed a silent board on my ender 3 and have a the btt smart sensor. trying to get it to work and was told i need to change firmware, do i need to download the software for the sensor then what to do with it. I sort of figured out marlin and found the comments lines for the sensor, made changes and don't know how to add it to my sd card for writing to the printer. any help would be great. 

• 2 weeks later...